“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.” Ecclesiastes 4:9Text — Ecclesiastes 4:8-10
Human beings are social beings, no wonder God quickly created Eve for Adam to fill the vacuum the animals he interacted with could not fill because they were not his kind. Adam appreciated what God did and accepted Eve, knowing fully well that to go far in life, one must never travel alone. Our text pronounce woe on him that is alone because there is no help available to such at the time of need. We all need each other and no one can exist as an island without interacting with others.
God in His wisdom, put children within the family so that socially they can enjoy fellowship with other members. We, as part of the family and the society at large, must ensure social wellbeing by doing the following:
- Maintain good relationship with every member of your family, friends and neighbours.
- Greet people whenever you meet them.
- Show courtesy and respect to all others especially older members of the society.
- Give a smile to the world every day.
- Get rid of anger and live a life of forgiveness.
- Be of help to someone everyday
Remember, the more we are together, the happier we shall be.
Prayer for today
Dear Lord, help me to promote social well-being wherever I find myself.