“And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.” Acts 13:22Text — Acts 13: 21- 23
David, the shepherd boy, who eventually became Israel’s king was one of God’s favourite servants. Despite the many challenges he faced in life, David sought after God consistently. He:
- Was hungry for God and had great faith in Him.
- Had passion for spiritual things.
- Tried to please God despite his many failures.
- Loved God and never wanted to depart from His presence.
- Wrote many Psalms to praise/thank God for His mercy and protection over him. David’s life offers hope that no matter how bad you may be or how tough your situation may be, upon genuine repentance and faith in God, He will forgive and use you. God can do extraordinary things through ordinary, submissive boys/girls who dare to trust Him. Can God find and use you the way He found and used David? Surrender your life to Him today and you will become a child after God’s heart.
Prayer for today
Heavenly Father, please help me to make myself available for Your use.